|Rasmalai by recipe specials|
Rasmalai or Rossomalai is a dessert originating from the Indian subcontinent. The name rasmalai comes from two words in Hindi: ras, means "juice", and malai, means "cream". It has been described as "a rich cheesecake without a crust." The Rasmalai is one of the popular Bengali sweet made with rasgullas and soaked in thickened & sweetened milk.
This sweet dish is served chilled and garnished with dried fruits and powdered cardamom seeds. It can also be decorated with gold or silver leaf.
Here I have used my home-made Paneer or Chena for rasmalai. While making the rasgullas for the rasmalai I have made them flat like patties so that it will absorb the sweetened milk nicely.
Click here 👉 for home-made paneer recipe.
Ingredients for rasgullas:
1 cup paneer
½ cup sugar
2 cup water
½ tsp Cardamom powder
Ingredients for Rabri:
1 litre milk
4 to 5 Saffron pieces (kesar)
½ cup sugar
1. Put paneer in a bowl and mash with hands to make it smooth. The paneer is ready to make rasmalai.
2. Now take small portion of paneer and give it a round flat shape with your palm “make sure you don’t over press the paneer” and do this process for whole paneer, "make the boll with light hand so that the rasgulla will become soft, it will absorb the syrup and also its shape will increase into double shape from before".
3. Now take one pan add 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water and let it cook. When the sugar will dissolve in the water low the flame of the pan, do not off the flame of the syrup.
4.Then place the paneer bolls in the syrup do not add all the bolls at one time there is the chance of breaking the rasgulla, so be care full add the bolls one by one slowly.
5. After adding all the bolls cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 10 minutes do not open the lid before 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minute take the and off the flame and let it cool at room temperature.
For milk mixture (rabri):
1. Now take another pan add milk and put it on the stove, when milk starts to cook keep stirring the milk, then add saffron (kesar), pistachios, when milk starts to become thick add sugar and keep stirring and cook the milk till reduces into half quantity.
2. Take out rasgullas from the sugar syrup, press it lightly with your hand to strain the sugar syrup and put rusgullas into the milk mixture (rabri).